Goals / Accomplishments
Meeting Minutes January 10, 2005
- Good evening everyone, we welcome you to a new year at Olde
Canal Village and thank you for coming tonight.
- The Vote Results on the Common Area Improvements are as
units (did not vote)
The Yes vote being over 75% means that the improvements have been
In the December 8, 2003 Unit Owner Meeting, the Trustees identified the
following goals for the year 2004:
In summary, the Trustees's accomplishments for 2004 were certainly
operationally effective and would rate a high grade for a merit award
but what it really means to Olde Canal Village homeowners is:
- To establish a Board of Trustees that would have the right
mind set and willingness to personally commit to the management of OCV
……This has been accomplished but must continue with new
- Take the necessary action to reduce operating costs,
prevent condo fee escalation while maintaining contributions to the Replacement Reserve Fund.
…….Accomplished. with $20,100 going into the Replacement Reserve Fund.
- To minimize the cost to repair, maintain and beautify
the buildings and grounds by finding and hiring a competent maintenance
.……Somewhat accomplished with DPS Landscaping & Construction but
still an open item.
- To find a way to get the total management job accomplished
without making it a full time job for any unit owner involved. It
is absolutely essential to find unit owner volunteers for special
assignments and the development of committees, for the operations of
….This has not been adequately accomplished. There is a need for
additional and continued unit
owner support and involvement with the
Operations of the Association. We are looking for additional owners to
step forward and run for office or work with
one of the
trustees and/or committees. WE NEED “YOUR INVOLVEMENT” TO MAINTAIN THE
FUTURE OF OCV SELF MANAGEMENT.
- To find a maintenance company that would perform our needs
routinely and be cost effective.
…..This was substantially accomplished with DPS Landscape &
Construction. Roberto assisted in making 2004 a successful and cost
- To obtain vendor quotations, on the major cost
items, to reduce costs and improve service.
……Landscaping, snow removal and Trash pickup were renegotiated with significant
cost savings but the process of vendor quotations never ends, it just pauses momentarily and re-ignites for a
variety of reasons.
…………. Repair Cost savings in the
thousands of dollars were made through communicating, negotiating and
working with Tony Marinella to correct problems throughout
………… Condo fee Saving of over
$20,000 per year due to Trustee Self Management
cost savings of
over $17,000 per year due to vendor contractual
negotiations and other operations cost savings.
…………With the above savings and
without a Condo Fee Increase or a Special Assessment we have
accomplished the Financial Reserve
goals, the Maintenance & Repair Programs, the continued
Beautification of Olde Canal Village. We are proud of our
accomplishments for the year 2004.
Most of the 2004 items remain a work-in-progress for the year
2005 and we have identified the following items, as goals to be
- Common Area Beautification project front yards, open &
- Clean, prepare Asphalt surface and apply two coats Emulsion
Sealer roadways, driveways, sidewalks and parking areas for prolonged
life of asphalt - maintenance
- Establish a Neighborhood Watch Program with 100% garage
lights on, and provide additional lighting for specific non-lit areas
- Cleaning and Washing exterior of buildings - maintenance
- Deck washing & Staining - maintenance
- Scraping, sanding and painting bulkheads - maintenance
- Utility systems update and repair - maintenance
- Finalize the responsibility and posting of traffic
signs at OCV circle, with the city - safety
- Form a committee to put together a plan for beautifying the
of the common areas. Bill Patten will be committee chairman and is
asking the help of all interested residents.
Goal is keeping Olde Canal Village a friendly, beautiful,
affordable and a great place to live.
** At the June Meeting we will be electing two
Trustees for a three year term. There is potentially one trustee that
will not be running for re-election. The election process is extremely
important to keep the Board of Trustees strong in their efforts. We
would like any home owner interested in becoming a Trustees to let one
of the Trustees know.
**Financial Trustee Merle Ray will present the December 2004 year
**State of The Trust” -
The meeting is now open for questions