The meeting was opened by Andy Habe at 3:00 P.M.
Members of the board present: Andy Habe, Tom Fermi, Marianne Williams, Romeo Berthiaume.
Member of the board not present: Roger Lange,
1. December budget- the cash flow for the month of December was checked and approved. Members of the board had several questions regarding the difference in some line item accounts in Profit and Loss statements. Marianne explained that the reserve fund was off and that she had already notified Leslie. The Profit and Loss statements did not print off as they usually do. Marianne will check with Leslie to see if this problem cannot be rectified in the future. Marianne reported there are no delinquent condo fee payments.
Dawn Kay sent a form indicating what work she will do regarding the end of the year tax return as well as a financial statement indicating our financial standing as of December, 2010. It wrongly indicated in the letter that Marianne was chairman. Marianne asked if Andy wanted to sign the statement and he instructed her to sign it and cross off chair and put Trustee.
2. Trash delay- The snow storm caused Waste Management to fall behind in their pick-up. Tom called WM and asked that he be notified when there is going to be a delay in pick-up because of weather problems. Tom said that he will email all residents that have an email address and will call all those who do not have access to email. Residents should check their email frequently for notification of delayed trash pick-up.
3. Rules and Regulation regarding leasing. Andy asked the trustees to look over the proposal to add a lease category to the Rules and Regulations. He is going to present the proposal to the general population at the February meeting. There will be an open discussion on the proposal.
4. Communication Forms- Ann Krause sent a thank you to the board for allowing her daughter to stay with her while her house was made ready for occupancy. Her daughter was able to move to her new home at the end of December. Mrs. Anderson sent the board a thank you note for the contribution made to Blackstone Methodist Church on behalf of her husband, Howard. The leak in Lorraine Crawford’s garage due to the severe rain will be repaired in the spring. Mrs. Anderson sent the board a thank you note for the contribution made to Blackstone Methodist Church on behalf of her husband, Howard. The leak in Lorraine Crawford’s garage due to the severe rain will be repaired in the spring.
5. Leslie St. Jean asked the board for permission to solicit tax preparation accounts from the residents. Permission was granted.
6. Trustee comments- Romeo asked if the window guarantee is just for failure of the seal and Tom indicated that was correct.
A discussion was held regarding the virtual bulletin board posting regarding smoke alarms. The board was concerned about the suggestion that the complex has been in existence 10 years and therefore all the alarms should be replaced. Romeo pointed out the many people in the past year have changed all of their alarms. He also pointed out that, during the yearly testing of the alarms, those found to be not functioning properly are replaced. To stockpile several hundred smoke alarms would be economically not feasible. The board decided that alarms would be replaced as needed when they are defective. The homeowner is responsible for the correct testing of the alarms and the cost of replacing them when needed.
Tom pointed out that home owners who are going to be away for long periods of time should turn the water off at the main valve to prevent flooding in case of hot water tank leakage. One condo experienced flooding and was discovered only after the children of the owner came to house. Turning off the water at the main line will not cause the pipes to freeze.
A discussion was held regarding the correct closing of official letters. Andy Habe will sign all letters as chairman of the board but the words “for The Board of Trustees” will be added to indicate that the basis of the letter was also approved by the entire board.
Meeting adjourned at 515 P.M.Respectfully submitted by Marianne Williams