Subject: TRUSTEE / UNIT OWNER MEETING 11/8/04
Chairman Andy Habe opened the meeting by welcoming everyone for coming. Tonight's meeting will feature Mr. Jeff Grosser of Rodman Insurance Agency who will discuss the important subject of Condo Insurance. Trustee Tom Rogers will introduce our guest speaker.
Jeff gave a good presentation in simple easy to understand terms. He stressed the importance of having each home owner instructtheir own respective insurance agency to interface with Rodman Ins. to discuss adequate coverage on their homeowner policy. Particular attention should be given to assure that the HO policy covers the Association's Insurance Deductible of $2,500. Generally, but not always, this is automatic. If you can't communicate to your agency specifically what you require have them contact Jeff @ 781-247-7800.
Jeff had a handout for each attendee. That paper will be attached to these minutes.
Chairman Habe thanked Jeff Grosser for making the trip and giving us a presentation.
* We had a wonderful Pot Luck Dinner in October and everyone enjoyed themselves. Those of you that cant make them are missing some great food and a fun time with your neighbors.
* We know, however, it is hard to find time to do everything but everyone is always welcome.
* We would like to take this opportunity to thank Kathy Bordoni, who is a member of the Finance Committee, for her work in keeping the Records and Files of OCV up to date. This is an important requirement that must be accomplished. Thank you Kathy for all your efforts.
* Just to keep you informed, we have a water leak at 59 NVD and we will be repairing it starting tomorrow (11/9/04).
* Trustee Merle Ray will present the financial report for October
o Mr Ray reported we are ahead of budget to date.
* Next months meeting will be on December 13 and it will be our final meeting of the year. We will present the 2005 Operating Budget, and a summary of the results of 2004. We look forward to seeing you there. We will enjoy some goodies to celebrate the completion of a successful year at Olde Canal Village.
The meeting is now open for questions.
There was a question from the floor regarding directional road signs at the traffic circle. Mr Habe replied that the hold up is because of the Board's inquiry as to what's legal, the apprehension being law suits from someone following an "unauthorized" roadsign and having an accident. The town has not yet responded to the questions.