OLDE CANAL VILLAGE CONDOMINIUM TRUST

1 NATURE VIEW DRIVE

UXBRIDGE, MA 01569

BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING, MARCH 14, 2005


OPEN SESSION

  1. The meeting was opened at 7:00 PM by Chairman Andy Habe, Jr. He announced that the annual meeting held in June would include election of two trustees. Current trustees Thomas Fermi and Merle Ray will have completed their terms in office. Election information including nomination forms will be sent to residents in the near future. Chairman Habe stated that residents need to become more involved in the operations of Olde Canal Village and one way would be to be a candidate for trustee.

  1. Merle Ray presented the financial status as of 28 February. Except for insurance expense, our expenses for February were on track with the amounts budgeted to date. The insurance expense which occurred in February was not planned until March. Merle brought up late condo fee payments. In the past few months, there appears to be an increased number of late payments. Payments are due on the 1st of each month and are considered late if received after the 15th of the month. Late payments are subject to a fee of $15.00 per incident. The Board does not want to charge late fees but we need prompt payments of condo fees so that the monthly bills can be paid. The residents cooperation was requested.

  1. Chairman Habe gave the state of the trust and identified some upcoming plans for improving lighting and the institution of the Neighborhood Watch Program. Tom Fermi told the residents of the start of this program reminding the residents that Olde Canal Village is private property and it belongs to all of us. Residents should be aware of who is on the property. He advised that Officer Mike DeVito of the Uxbridge Police Department would be giving a talk later about the Watch program.

  1. The residents were reminded that simple household repairs could be accomplished by some of our residents and Roberto at a considerable savings compared to outside contractors. Chairman Habe also announced that Bill Oncay was absent due to illness.

  1. The acceptance of the circle and Warsaw Street by the town was discussed. The Board is working with the engineering firm, the Town of Uxbridge and Marinella to get this item on the Town Meeting agenda for May.

  1. Officer DeVito was introduced and he talked about the importance of the Neighborhood Watch Program in crime prevention.

  1. The meeting was adjourned at 7:50 PM.


Andrew Habe, Jr.
Chairman
/mr

CLOSED SESSION


  1.   The meeting was opened by Chairman Andy Habe, Jr. at 8:05 PM with Thomas Fermi, William Patten and Merle Ray present. Thomas Rogers was out of town and unable to attend.

  2.  There was a discussion of the voting process for election of two Trustees at the annual meeting in June, 2005. The ballots have been completed by Bill Oncay. Nomination forms must be distributed in the near future to start the process. Interested residents will be requested to submit their nomination form within two weeks of delivery with instructions to place them in the drop-off box by the mail boxes. Ballots and proxies will be distributed to all residents about two weeks prior to the annual meeting in June. Candidates must receive votes from residents amounting to 51% of the beneficial ownership in order to be elected. Since Merle Ray and Tom Fermi will be candidates, another trustee will have to receive the ballots and proxies at the meeting and record the results.

  3.   The suggestion by Tom Rogers that Olde Canal Village purchase additional insurance to cover possible earthquake damage was not approved by a vote of 4 to 0.

  4.   Insurance coverage and is costs were discussed and the Board felt that more understanding of the coverage we have is needed as well as how much we are paying for each item. Chairman Habe appointed a committee of Tom Rogers, Bill Patten and Clyde Powell to investigate our coverage and try to get quotes from more than one vendor for the 2006 renewal.

  5.   Tom Fermi said he has talked to Joy concerning ice dam damage and the circle/Warsaw Street takeover by the town. At this point, the Board feels that a personal visit to the engineering firm by Tom Rogers is needed because of the difficulties being encountered with phone calls not being returned, etc. Tom Fermi will also discuss the situation further with Joy.

  6.   Comments concerning the latest snow removal were mostly positive except for driveways. In some cases, the snow is not being removed to the edges thus constricting use of part of the driveway. Tom Fermi is trying to set up a meeting next week with LaFleur about the cracks that have re-appeared in the roadways. A notice will be placed in the next newsletter reminding residents of the need to comply with rules and regulations concerning leash requirements for pets.

  7. The meeting was adjourned at 9:05 PM.



Andrew Habe, Jr., Chairman