The meeting was opened by Andy Habe at 9:00 A.M.
Members of the board present: Andy Habe, Roger Lange, Marianne Williams, Frank Lary
Members not present: Romeo Berthiaume
The board discussed the payment of the retained portion of the last snowplow payment bills. $3000 was held in reserve until repairs to the property made by the plowing of snow were complete. Mr. Dowding started to repair the grass that was removed, but the decision was made that Village Green would begin their work in the complex and Mr. Dowding would return to complete his portion. The board voted to continue the retention of these funds until it is satisfied all work and replacement of shrubs is complete. Roger suggested that Mr. Dowding be asked for an estimate to remove or trim the 6 trees that are either dead or need cutting back of dead limbs.
1. The April cash flow and bill pay report were reviewed and approved. Andy asked how much money would be needed in the next month to cover necessary roof and other repairs already scheduled. It was calculated that about $9000 would be necessary to repair the two roofs that need to be replaced, to pay Scott Chase for work already completed, and to repair some siding issues.
2. Election- Marianne and Roger will make up flyers requesting those who need a paper ballot to call either Marianne or Roger before May 24. This is important as some who do not have a computer, or have access to a computer, should have the ability to vote.
Roger and Andy will assemble the cost saving report for 2013. Frank will brief them as to the contract costs and other information needed for the report.
The flyer with resumes of candidates and directions for voting is in the process of being assembled.
The new residents at 43 NVD, Julie Villane and her mother, Bette, will be introduced at the June 10 meeting.
The board voted to extend the term of departing trustees to the end of the election month, June.
Jim Hayden submitted his resume to run for trustee.
Frank will meet with the members of the board on June 3 to transfer materials and files he has that would be needed by the board.
3. Home repairs- 34 and 6 OCW - roof work will be completed in June. The cost of the roof repair will be $3250 per roof.
4. Tree work - see above notation regarding getting an estimate. Mold was removed from 21 OCW. Roger had Dave spray the 2 roofs with mold eradicator. More roofs will be sprayed in the future months.
5. Open items: Mass Fire Dept. issued notice that mulch must not be applied within 18” of any combustible material for residential building containing more than 6 units. Because all of our buildings are 6 units or less, this regulation does not apply to us.
The winter snowplow contract will be discussed at the June meeting. The cost of the contract has increased by $440 per month. The two year contract calls for payment of $6298 per month for five months.
Asphalt will be applied to the island between 7 and 9 Nature View Drive to try to correct the ongoing problem of rain water that misses the drain but runs over the island washing away soil and much, making it difficult to keep in that area.
Dave Doppler will attend the June 3 meeting of the board as he takes on additional duties.
The board discussed the necessity of reminding residents of the water restrictions implemented by the town. No car washing or lawn/garden sprinkling between the hours of 9 A.M. and 5P.M. Any violation will result in a fine for the Trust.
6. Frank will meet with the board on June 3 to turn over all materials and records he has.
7. The future financial situation of the Trust will be discussed at the June meeting.
Meeting adjourned at 11:20 A.M.
Respectfully submitted by Marianne Williams