OLDE CANAL VILLAGE CONDOMINIUM TRUST
ONE NATURE VIEW DRIVE
UXBRIDGE, MA 01569
BOARD OF TRUSTEE MEETING
JUNE 5, 2006

1.  The meeting opened a 5:20 PM with Trustees Andy Habe, Tom Fermi, Bill Patten and Merle Ray present.

2.  Andy Habe asked about the status of DPS Landscaping and Construction relating to grass mowing and application of grub control and fertilizer. Tom Fermi said that grass cutting would take place on Tuesday and application of grub control and fertilizer would occur later in the week. The completion of these activities are dependent on the weather.

3.  The Clubhouse painting has been completed except for the doors which will be done at a later date. The job was done by Ken Goulding and Robert Bilodeau. They are also preparing an estimate for painting unit columns and garage door trim and for cleaning gutters. Merle Ray questioned whether or not these people would be required to have their own Workers Compensation Insurance since the Trust had to pay a penalty in 2005 because DPS Landscaping and Construction did not have their own coverage. Tom Rogers will be asked for comment on this item. Merle Ray also requested that IRS form 9 be completed by these individuals if their bid for painting and cleaning gutters is accepted.

4.  The bidding process for the follow-on contract for landscaping and snow plowing/removal has been completed and a new contractor selected (Landscaping Etc., Inc, Sutton, MA). Effective date of the new contract is December 1, 2006 with a term of three (3) years and a cost of $69,250 and a clause for renewal for three years at a 3% increase to $71,328. Company representatives will be invited to attend the July open meeting and make a presentation.

5.  The cost impact of the new contract on the FY 2006 and 2007 budget will be reviewed by Merle Ray and presented to the Board. Consideration may have to be given to delaying, changing or eliminating the requirement of $9000 for capital improvements this year. The proposed vote on the expenditure of these funds scheduled for the July meeting will be cancelled. Every effort is being  made by the Board to keep condo fees at the present level for as long as possible. Merle Ray suggested that future Budgets contain not only requirements for the upcoming fiscal year but also best estimates for the following two fiscal years. The Board agreed and this procedure will be used starting with the FY 2007 Budget.

6.  Merle Ray announced that no further word had been received from CPA Harrigan concerning his review of our accounting procedures and presentation to the Board. He suggested getting a new CPA to do the FY 2007 review. The Board agreed. He also advised that we may be in need for a new file clerk. Volunteers are requested to advise any of the Trustees of their interest in doing this job which is small but vital.

7.  The meeting was adjourned at 6:50 PM.

 

Andy Habe, Chairman


OLDE CANAL VILLAGE CONDOMINIUM TRUST
ONE NATURE VIEW DRIVE
UXBRIDGE, MA 01569
BOARD OF TRUSTEE MEETING
JUNE 20, 2006

1. The meeting opened at 7:00 PM with Trustees Andy Habe, Tom Fermi, Bill Patten and Merle Ray present as well as Bill Oncay.


2. Chairman Habe asked about the cost reflected in the draft FY 2007 Budget for trash pickup and removal. Tom Fermi will check on the current contract with Waste Management and assure that the correct amount is reflected.


3. There was a discussion about the Annual Meeting in July and the subjects to be discussed. The Board agreed to drop the proposal to fund Landscaping Improvements ($9,000.00) for this year as well as the Appreciation Dinner ($1,000.00). Costs for FY 2007 will increase because of the new Snow Removal/Landscaping contract going into effect on December 1, 2006. The Trustees want to be able to keep the condo fees at the current level at least through FY 2007. Merle Ray suggested that we look at the possibility of developing a long range plan for Landscaping Improvements. The Appreciation Dinner will be addressed next year.


4. The upcoming Annual Meeting and election were discussed. Merle Ray will be the Facilitator assisted by Tom Rogers. Since the Landscaping Improvements issue has been deleted, only the election of one Trustee will be on the agenda. At this time only one candidate (Andy Habe) has submitted nomination papers. Bill Oncay announced that the ballots will be hand delivered about July 1. Residents will also be able to vote electronically on line and as absentee. Mr. Richard Bennett of LEI (the new contractor for landscaping and snow removal) will speak at the meeting about his company.


5. Several units have or have had water leakage into the basements, some from outside and some from inside seepage. There are questions as to responsibility for correction whether it is the Association, the builder or the resident. Solutions are also questionable, some have been resolved by CrackX and Basement Solutions. Some buildings have sump pumps but not all and the rationale for their installation is not known. Bill Oncay will review the 183 state regulations to see if this area is covered. Tom Fermi will check with the builder as well. Presently, two basements will be treated by CrackX at a cost of about $1600. Bill Oncay then left the meeting (7:50 PM).


6. A new painting crew (Kenneth Goulding and Robert Bilodeau) are painting garage trim, columns and kick plates on all residences. Workers Compensation coverage for these individuals is contained in our present insurance policy per Tom Rogers.


7. A verbal request was received from a resident for approval to allow a family member (under 55) to reside in their unit temporarily. The Board approved pending receipt of a written request. Residents are reminded that this is covered in the Rules and Regulations. Merle Ray voiced his concern about the increasing number of these requests over the past year.


8. As a result of the fire incident on Nature View Drive caused by an electrical problem, the Uxbridge Fire Department requested that all unit exterior electrical boxes be marked to identify which unit they represent. Tom Fermi has requested National Grid to provide us with a cross index of box numbers with unit numbers. The condo association will then place identifying unit numbers on the boxes so that in the future, only power to affected units can be turned off in emergencies instead of the entire building. Cost is expected to be minimal.


9. The meeting was adjourned at 8:40 PM.


Andy Habe, Chairman