1. Cash flow was approved and the monthly bill pay form was signed. There were no reported delinquencies for July or August. The bank statement continues to be incorrect because of the bank fraud that occurred in April. Bank of America has not adjusted the over credit of $26.00. Marianne indicated she will call and try to correct the error.
2. As of August 15, almost 25% of the residents have signed up for the e-transfer for payment of their condo fee. A number of other people have taken applications and have not returned them. This system is proving very successful. The plan eliminates the need for residents to send in checks and, therefore, assures that the fee will be deposited on time, and without the worry of a lost check or the need of a stamp. A new supply of applications was placed in the envelope in the bulletin board near the mailboxes for anyone considering this program. The two new maintenance workers have been sending their worksheets via email to Roger who gives them to Marianne. The board discussed the need to approve all new workers.
3. Frank interviewed four landscapers who are interested in securing a contract with Olde Canal Village. Andy participated in the initial interview with one of the landscapers. Frank will interview two others in the next two weeks. He discussed a new product that is available for melting the snow. There is no sand in the product and it melts the ice at lower temperature. Frank also talked with Waste Management and he reported that the contract erroneously signed was still considered legal and binding. Andy recommended that we do not proceed with any dissenting discussions as the contract is the same and will be in effect just for an additional year. He also noted that we do not have any problems with Waste Management so there was no need to change companies at this time.
4. Communication forms: Romeo has a number of them for trimming of shrubs. Frank will call Scott Chase for repairing the leak in a condo on Olde Canal Way. Bill Oncay has changed the website search name to OurOCV.org. Nancy Jackson reported two trees that have fallen in the wooded area behind her house. Romeo reported they will be taken care of in the fall.
6-7. Charter Communications- Right of Entry Agreement- Andy has done significant work investigating the past history of this agreement with other condo associations. He has been in contact with a lawyer who is versed in this process and is willing to work with the board on the legal ramifications of any agreement with Charter. The board will meet with the Charter representative on Thursday, August 22, to ask questions and to listen to the proposal for a right of entry agreement.
8. Romeo has been able to secure the services of a railings contractor. Several residents have requested railing be placed on their front steps. The contractor is E L Gentes Co., Blackstone. If anyone is interested in having rails installed on the front steps, call Romeo for more information. The homeowner is responsible for the cost of installing the rails. The price range is $350-$400 for two steps. Frank passed out copies of the newcomer book that will be given to all new residents. He and His wife, Pat, did considerable work on this book and the board wishes to thank them for the wonderful job they did. Hats off to you both.
Meeting adjourned at 11:30 A.M.
Respectfully submitted by Marianne Williams