MINUTES OF CONDO TRUSTEE BOARD MEETING
August 17, 2012
The meeting was opened by Andy Habe at 3:00 P.M.
Members of the board present: Andy Habe, Tom Fermi, Roger Lange, Romeo Berthiaume, Marianne Williams, Frank Lary
1. The cash flow report was approved. The bill payment report was signed by three trustees. Marianne reported no delinquencies in the condo fee payments.
2. Fire wall inspection- Frank reported that representatives of Tony Marinella will come on August 22 to inspect several condo to determine the extent of fire wall placement that has to take place. Frank has inspected a number of units and is aware of the lack of proper material in the question of fire walls. He will accompany the representatives during their inspection.
3. Warsaw Street- Andy sent the trustees a “State of Warsaw Street” write up for discussion. This write up gave a history of the private way and how and when it became part of Olde Canal Village. A letter from the board was written which will be sent to the two homeowners that have right of way privileges inviting them to a meeting to discuss this situation and to discuss the ramifications of our now owning Warsaw Street.
Romeo and Roger talked to Benn Sherman of the DPW and Mr. Sherman said the live parking signs can be removed and No Parking signs installed. The town will leave the posts in place. In answer to a question regarding police cooperation for illegally parked cars, Mr. Sherman replied the he will inform the Safety Committee of the situation and the police will handle any violations in parking or speeding on the street. Any name change must go before the Board of Selectman. The Trespassing sign will remain in place. Carlino will be approached about cleaning the street.
4. Wilson- there are 5 building to be washed. Wilson will fill in the driveway and road cracks in September. There are 5 condo locations where the sprinkler heads need to be replaced.
Roger reported on his research on putting electricity in the shed. A licensed electrical contractor came and gave Roger an estimate of $1350 to install 100 feet of cable and put service in the shed. This estimate includes labor and materials but it does not include the cost of digging a trench which would be about $200. Roger also looked into the possibility of getting a generator. The cost of a generator large enough to give Wilson the amount of energy he would need to use his equipment would cost about $1899, not including the gas needed to run the generator. Roger supplied each board member with a chart that outlines the amount of energy necessary to run various pieces of equipment. The board voted to continue with the installation of electricity.
5. Bill Oncay asked for permission to have a tag sale. Permission granted.
6.Copier- Marianne reported the purchase of a new copier. The copier was installed by the trustees after the meeting.
Bill Oncay said he had new software that would allow prospective candidates for trustee to post their resumes on line rather than give them to the board for publication. The board voted to approve this new procedure.
The next board meeting will be September 18 at 3:00 P.M. because of a conflict.
Frank reported on the water leak at 57 NVD that was leaking at the rate of 1.5 gal /min. Whitinsville Water came to repair the leak and reported it was more involved than first thought and took more time and material to repair it then estimated.
Frank reported that Waste Management did not do a good job removing the spill from the roadway. He will continue to work on this.
6. Open items- Romeo reported that a resident has complained about a dog urinating on the grass. It was suggested that perhaps the dog owners can take their pets into the areas where the grass and clipped are disposed. Lots of trees and there would be no damage to the lawns. Just a thought.
Meeting adjourned at 5:30 P.M.
Respectively submitted by Marianne Williams